Our award-winning law firm has a track record of successful results in over 10,000 cases. When important matters are on the line, you can count on our Appleton family law attorney to provide the caring support, trusted legal guidance, and professional representation you need. Call or contact our office online to request a confidential consultation.
Get Our Appleton Family Law Attorney On Your Side
Family law issues are among the most sensitive in the legal system. Depending on where you live in Appleton, legal proceedings may be filed through the Outagamie, Calumet, or Winnebago County Family Court. If you receive a summons or are considering filing a family law case, it is important to get legal guidance from someone experienced in these matters.
At Karp & Iancu, S.C., our Appleton family law attorney acts as a strong legal advocate on your side. We provide the professional legal representation you need in family law cases, including:
Divorce in Wisconsin
Going through the breakup of a marriage can take a heavy toll on your physical and emotional health. Settlements and court orders issued can impact your financial security for years to come. Our Appleton family law attorney represents clients in both contested and uncontested divorce cases. Our guide on filing for divorce in Wisconsin explains more about the process.
Marital Property And Asset Division
Homes, vehicles, household furnishings, personal belongings, and financial accounts are all subject to marital property division in divorce. While this generally involves splitting everything 50/50, our Appleton family law attorney can determine aspects in your case that may entitle you to a greater share.
Spousal Maintenance and Alimony
If you make less than your spouse or sacrificed your own career for the sake of your marriage, you may be entitled to spousal maintenance, otherwise referred to as alimony. This can help maintain your marital standard of living during divorce and in the aftermath.
Child Custody And Visitation
Few family law issues are more fiercely contested than child custody in Wisconsin. The outcome could impact your rights as a parent and your relationship with your children for years after. To protect your rights regarding physical placement and making important decisions on your child’s behalf, get our Appleton family law attorney fighting on your side.
Child support in Wisconsin is determined based on the child’s needs, the outcome of custody proceedings, and the incomes of both parents. Our Appleton family law attorney helps to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve and that payments are enforced.
Establishing paternity in Wisconsin provides important benefits. In addition to parental rights and obligations, it ensures your child is considered a legal heir and has access to Social Security and other important benefits they are entitled to through the father.
A move may be in your best interests, but if a child custody order is in place, you may need legal permission. Failure to get child custody relocation approved through the court could result in loss of parenting privileges.
If you are considering a divorce, entering a legal separation in Wisconsin first may be a good idea. It is also an option if couples are reluctant to divorce, such as when it would impact certain benefits or violate religious beliefs.
At Karp & Iancu, S.C., we appreciate the service and sacrifices made by military members and their families. When legal issues arise, you can count on our knowledge and expertise to protect you throughout the process.
Actions Our Appleton Family Law Attorney Can Take On Your Behalf
Whether you are dealing with the above issues or other family law matters, such as premarital agreements and adoption rights, you can count on Karp & Iancu, S.C. to provide the experienced, knowledgeable legal representation you need. Actions we can take on your behalf include:
- Arranging a confidential consultation to discuss your case;
- Advising you on your rights and responsibilities under the Wisconsin Statutes;
- Informing you on legal options available;
- Reaching out to others involved in an effort to reach a settlement;
- Filing legal documents with the appropriate court as needed;
- Representing you in court hearings and keeping you informed regarding the status of your case;
- Appearing before judges and presenting important evidence;
- Appealing previously issued court judgments that may not have been in your favor;
- Make sure all final orders in your case are properly enforced and request modifications as needed.
How To Prepare For A Consultation
Prior to consulting with our Appleton family law attorney, there are some steps you can take to help you be better prepared. In addition to reviewing some of the family law resources on our website, the following can be helpful:
- Jot down important information about your case, including the names of all people involved and details surrounding the current situation;
- Bring couples of any legal documents, court notices, or other correspondence you have received;
- Consider what your ultimate goals are in terms of pursuing legal action and what you hope to accomplish;
- Be willing to discuss the situation openly and honestly, knowing that your consultation is confidential and that holding anything back could end up working against you.