AttorneyKelly M. Dodd
Recognized by Best Lawyers for her work in family law
Attorney Kelly Dodd leads our family law and appellate practice groups, managing and overseeing cases all over the state of Wisconsin. She has handled cases involving divorce, annulment, legal separation, child custody, placement, spousal support, property division and more. Attorney Dodd has drafted and defended prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements. Attorney Dodd has historically specialized in complex and high-asset matters, including a case where the assets exceeded $140 Million. Her extensive experience has led her to appear in Wisconsin trial courts in more than a dozen counties. She has argued and won in front of the Wisconsin Supreme court and has briefed and argued cases in the Court of Appeals.
Attorney Dodd is one of the most seasoned appellate family lawyers in Wisconsin, having served as lead counsel on many appellate cases, including the major Supreme Court decision in Frisch v Henrichs, 2007 WI 102, 304 Wis.2d 1, 736 N.W.2d 85.
Kelly is motivated to ensure all of Karp & Iancu’s clients understand every aspect of their case and avoid complications that may arise. One of her passions is educating clients about alternatives to litigation. She has served as a family court mediator and has a certificate in Family Law Mediation from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Kelly Dodd is proud to offer you expert guidance in the following areas:
Family Law & Divorce
- Certificate in Divorce Mediation (University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2006)
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., 2000; Editor-In-Chief, Marquette Law Review)
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln (B.A., 1996)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Appointed Supplemental Court Commissioner by Judge Rebecca Bradley who is now a Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice.
- Named to “Best Lawyers in America” for 2020 and 2021
- Selected by peers as a Wisconsin Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2006, 2007, and since 2009)
- Featured as an expert on divorce in four interviews on Milwaukee CBS Channel 58’s Morning News Express (aired January 4, 2007), an interview on the segment” Facebook Cheaters” on Today’s TMJ4 (aired November 4, 2010), and an interview on the segment” Divorce Insurance” on TMJ4 (aired February 17, 2011).
Kelly has served as an assistant adjunct professor at Marquette University Law School.