Local divorce representation you deserve
A divorce is one of the most difficult and life-changing experiences you can go through. Decisions made during these proceedings have the potential to impact you financially for years after. To make sure your rights are protected and that you get what you are entitled to in any divorce orders or settlements, contact our award-winning Appleton divorce attorney.
At Karp & Iancu, S.C., we have successfully represented clients in over 10,000 cases. You can count on us to provide the trusted guidance and strong legal representation you need when facing the prospect of a divorce in Wisconsin. Ending a marriage is hard but our goal is to make it easier for you. Reach out and request a consultation today.
Our Appleton Divorce Attorney Protects Your Rights In Wisconsin Divorce Proceedings
Going through a divorce often presents numerous challenges. In addition to the emotional turmoil you are likely to face and the impacts on your family, it has the potential to jeopardize your financial security, both now and in the aftermath. To protect yourself and your rights throughout Wisconsin divorce proceedings, you need trusted legal representation from an experienced Appleton divorce attorney.
At Karp & Iancu, S.C., we have been helping clients facing divorce for over 30 years. Cases we handle include:
- Uncontested divorce: This is a simplified divorce in which there are no major issues to resolve and both parties agree to the terms.
- DIY divorce: Looking to save money or prefer doing things yourself? In an uncontested case, a DIY divorce may be an option. We provide basic guidance and access to relevant forms.
- Contested divorce: A contested divorce is one that involves disputes over whether to end the marriage, the terms of any settlements, or marital misconduct, which may be listed as divorce grounds in Wisconsin. It is vital to have someone with both experience and legal expertise on your side.
- Mediated divorce: Reaching mutual agreements out of court can save time and money when getting a divorce in Wisconsin. Our Appleton divorce attorney guides you through the process.
- Collaborative divorce: An option for those who value their privacy and are willing to negotiate, a collaborative divorce allows you to reach out of court settlements.
- Military divorce: If you or your spouse is a military member, our Appleton divorce attorney can guide you in the Federal Service Members Civil Relief Act and other laws that apply.
Common Issues In An Appleton Divorce
There are complex issues under the Wisconsin Statutes that must be resolved in any type of divorce case. The outcome could impact your relationships with children, your rights regarding property and assets, and your overall financial security for years to come. To ensure these issues are successfully addressed, get our team at Karp & Iancu, S.C. on your side.
With over 30 years of experience representing clients, our Appleton divorce attorney acts as a strong legal ally on your side. We identify and resolve important matters in your case, including:
- Division of Marital Property and Assets-Anything earned, acquired, or otherwise accumulated over the course of your marriage must be divided evenly between you and your spouse. This includes homes, cars, household items, personal belongings, money in bank accounts, shares in business, and retirement benefits.
- Spousal Maintenance and Alimony: If you make significantly less than your spouse or sacrificed your career or education for the marriage, you may be entitled to alimony payments. These can help protect your standard of living, both during divorce and in the years after.
- Child Custody and Visitation: Custody deals with the right to make important legal decisions on behalf of your children, such as regarding education, medical care, and religious upbringing. Physical placement addresses where they live and rights regarding visitation.
- Child Support and Enforcement: Each parent’s income, the child’s individual needs, and visitation schedules all factor into determining child support amounts. Once a court order is issued, our Appleton divorce attorney can take action to ensure it is enforced.
Get Trusted Guidance Throughout The Wisconsin Divorce Process
Considering the major impacts that can result from a divorce, it is natural to have questions about the process. At Karp & Iancu, S.C., we created a comprehensive guide on filing for divorce in Wisconsin, which details the different types of divorce and what to expect during these proceedings. However, each case is different and as unique and individual as the couples involved. To get answers to your specific questions, request a consultation with our Appleton divorce attorney. Actions we can take on your behalf include:
- Thoroughly reviewing the circumstances surrounding your divorce and identifying potential issues;
- Drafting legal documents, filing your divorce petition, and responding to any summons issued through the Outagamie, Calumet, or Winnebago County Family Court;
- Negotiating on your behalf with your spouse and their legal representatives;
- Guiding you through mediation proceedings;
- Appearing by your side at divorce hearings and testifying before the judge in your case;
- Helping you get the best possible outcome and making sure any final orders are enforced.
Have concerns regarding how much it costs to hire a divorce attorney in Appleton? At Karp & Iancu, S.C., we believe in being transparent when it comes to pricing. Our website lists the different types of divorce and estimated prices. Generally, these range from $599 for a DIY divorce to $2,999 or more in contested cases, depending on the amount of time, effort, and legal documents filed.
When you partner with a divorce attorney at Karp & Iancu, you get: