Get Experienced Legal Help for Milwaukee Dog Bites
Dedicated lawyers looking out for the rights of dog bite victims in Milwaukee County and Waukesha County
The attorneys at Karp & Iancu, S.C. have been dedicated to serving the needs of dog bite injury victims throughout Wisconsin since 1982. As a result, we have acquired valuable knowledge and experience regarding dog ownership laws. We can quickly assess your case and help you move on with your life as quickly as possible.
Consider the following additional dog bite statistics for 2010:
- 33 percent of fatal dog bite accidents include multiple canines
- 61 percent of dog attacks happened to children 11 or younger
- 79 percent of all fatal dog attacks were caused by two breeds: Pit Bulls and Rottweilers
Dog owners are strictly liable for any injuries their pets cause. Therefore, if you or someone you love suffers a dog bite injury, you must contact experienced Milwaukee dog bite attorneys as soon as possible. With the right counsel, you may recover damages to cover the cost of medical bills.
What to do after a dog bite injury in Milwaukee
Dog bites can cause deep tissue damage, broken bones and infection. However they can also cause more serious injuries. As a result, if you are bit by a dog you should follow the steps below:
- See a doctor: First, you should seek immediate medical attention.
- Identify the animal: Next you should try to find out to who the dog belongs. This can help the hospital in determining if the animal has rabies.
- Gather evidence: Talk to any witnesses in the area who may have observed the attack. Additionally, use a cell phone or disposable camera to take photos of your injuries and the dog if possible.
- Contact an experienced attorney: Second to seeing a doctor, contacting a lawyer is the most important step you can take after a dog bite injury. Our Milwaukee dog bite lawyers can protect your rights and help you obtain compensation.
Serving dog bite victims throughout Milwaukee
Karp & Iancu, S.C. works hard to assist dog bite injury victims in obtaining just reimbursement for their injuries. We realize a dog attack can be a terrifying experience. As a result, we want to help your family move on as quickly as possible. Our practice is focused in Milwaukee County and Waukesha County, but we stand ready to represent injury victims and family members throughout Wisconsin. Call us at 414-453-0800 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.