Contested Divorce in Wisconsin Starting at $2999
TALK TO A LAWYER
TALK TO A LAWYER ASAP
Fixed Price Contested Divorce
A contested divorce is a traditional adversarial divorce process where you and your lawyer have to go to court to ask a judge to make orders regarding issues that you and your spouse cannot agree on. Those issues may include child placement and custody, financial support such as child support or alimony and division of assets and debts. This is the most expensive type of divorce process because it is the most time consuming and also the most contentious.
We’re going to help you through that process with our experienced divorce team who handled thousands of divorce cases on a contested basis. We’re going to file all the paperwork for you. We’re going to go to court to get temporary orders so that things don’t unravel during the process of divorce. We’re going to put together your financial documents. We’re going to do discovery to make sure that your spouse is disclosing all of his or her assets, and finally, if necessary, we’ll take your case to trial and ask the judge to make orders that are favorable to you and your family.
Divorce doesn’t have to be complicated.
Contested Divorce Package Details
on the cooperation of all parties involved, the complexity of the case, etc.
Starts at $2999
100% dedicated & thorough legal representation.
+ Everything included in DIY Package::
- Review and file all divorce papers for you.
- Obtain necessary court dates.
- Access to an experienced family lawyer.
+ Everything included in the Uncontested Divorce Package::
- Unlimited access to an experienced family law team.
- Assistance negotiating any unresolved minor disputes.
- Strategic review of all financial documents and court papers.
+ Everything included in the Collaborative / Cooperative Divorce Package::
- Highly skilled negotiator to assist in ongoing negotiating with opposing side.
- Thorough drafting and review of settlement offers and counter-offers
- Assistance with obtaining financial, child custody and other experts.
- Unlimited one-on-one time with dedicated and experienced family lawyer.
- Lawyer to attend all court hearings.
- Formal, thorough and aggressive discovery, including, but not limited to: subpoenas, depositions, interrogatories, requests for documents.
- Work with outside financial and custody experts to ensure best possible outcome.
- Proactive litigation management and trial strategy sessions.
- Comprehensive preparation meetings with client and dedicated attorney for all court hearings.
- Highly competent and aggressive trial advocacy by Karp & Iancu litigation team.
How Contested Divorce Works in Wisconsin (with Karp & Iancu on your side)
The process is going to take longer than the other types of divorce cases, simply because there’s more contention and court hearings do take a long time. On average, a contested divorce is going to take nine to 12 months from start to finish. We’re going to maintain excellent communication with you throughout the process. We’ll communicate electronically via telephone as well as in person or via video conference. So you always feel that you’re connected to your divorce team.
Compare our Wisconsin Divorce Packages
Starts at $599
with a little help.
Starts at $1,699
We’ll handle the rest.
Starts at $1,799 / spouse
No lawyers needed.
Fast to medium
Starts at $2,699
Unlimited help at every step.
See also: Cooperative Divorce
Starts at $2,999