Start live chat with our team?
Call Now (414) 453-0800
David Iancu and his staff are top notch professionals. I would recommend David Iancu to anyone who is going through a divorce.
Harmony R.
David is a great listener and very sharp. Most of all, he knows the law and examines every opportunity to defend his client.
Talyia C.
I can't say enough about David's attentive demeanor through the highs and lows associated with complex divorce issues.
Laurence S.
contact us Free & Confidential Consultation
The results you need.

Same-Sex Divorce in Milwaukee

In 2015, same-sex marriage was legalized country-wide. For many couples, this was incredibly life-changing. With the right to marry, same-sex couples are also given the right to divorce. Divorce, no matter the circumstance or type of relationship, is never an easy decision.

If you are in a same-sex marriage and are seeking a divorce, reach out to our talented family law attorneys at Karp & Iancu for help during this difficult time. We can help you get the answers you need and make sure you’re treated fairly during your case.

Grounds for Divorce for Same-Sex Couples

Wisconsin is a no-fault state, which means you don’t have to have a specific reason for wanting a divorce. Even if your spouse was not unfaithful or abusive, you still have grounds to divorce your spouse. You will need to prove there was an “irretrievable breakdown” of your marriage, and our lawyers can help you through exactly what this means.

If your spouse was abusive or unfaithful; however, make sure to let your attorney know this right away. These issues can affect the proceedings, especially if you believe your children might be in danger. Your attorney can help make sure you and your children are protected if abuse is a factor in your divorce.

Your Rights to Your Children

During a divorce, you might also be concerned about your children. Even if you and your partner are in agreement on many things, the question of custody can be an emotional, difficult topic. Fortunately, your divorce attorney can help you get the answers you need.

If you and your spouse are willing to compromise, your divorce attorney can help you plan out custody to work best for both of you so you both share time with your children evenly. Your children deserve time with both parents, when possible, so we’ll help you build a schedule that works for both parents and then help you work to enforce that agreement.

If you don’t believe the time should be shared equally for one reason or another, we will help walk you through the steps needed to develop a plan for that.

Connect With a Local Divorce Attorney

When it comes to divorce, it’s almost always an emotional, painful process. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be unfair or bitter. Our lawyers have over 45 years of experience dealing with divorce and mediation cases. We can help you mediate your case, and/or come up with an agreement that works for both of you.

If you’re struggling with your divorce, reach out for guidance, starting with a consultation. We’ll discuss your options during the divorce so you and your spouse can make an agreement and divorce peacefully. You can contact us by filling out the form below, or giving us a call.

CONTACT US FOR A Free Consultation


or Call (414) 453-0800
Location &contact

Milwaukee/Tosa – 933 N Mayfair Rd, Suite 300, Milwaukee, WI 53226

(414) 928-2861

Fox Point (by Appt) – 8651 N. Port Washington Rd. Suite A, Fox Point, WI 53217

(414) 240-1835

Downtown Milwaukee (by Appt) – 1433 N Water St, Floor 4 – Suite 428, Milwaukee, WI 53202

(414) 485-0191

Menomonee Falls (by Appt) – 11414 W Park Pl – Suite 202, Milwaukee, WI 53224

(414) 310-7075

Brookfield (by appt) – 200 S. Executive Drive, Suite 101, Brookfield, WI 53005

(262) 244-5109

Waukesha (by appt) – N19 W24400 Riverwood Dr Suite 350, Waukesha, WI 53188

(262) 226-4323
PHONE (414) 453-0800 FAX (414) 453-8282
Connect With Us
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon
  • Youtube Icon
  • linked-in Icon
Request a free consultation Request a free consultation


  • no pressure
  • no hidden fees
or Call (414) 453-0800