Start live chat with our team?
Call Now (414) 453-0800
David Iancu and his staff are top notch professionals. I would recommend David Iancu to anyone who is going through a divorce.
Harmony R.
David is a great listener and very sharp. Most of all, he knows the law and examines every opportunity to defend his client.
Talyia C.
I can't say enough about David's attentive demeanor through the highs and lows associated with complex divorce issues.
Laurence S.
contact us Free & Confidential Consultation
The results you need.

Milwaukee Grandparent’s Rights Lawyer

When you’ve lost access to your grandchildren, it can affect your quality of life and theirs. When the parents are getting a divorce, know your rights and seek out the help of a Milwaukee lawyer if your rights aren’t being respected.

Your grandchildren are a major part of your life, and you’re a major part of theirs. You may be a teacher or mentor to them, providing them more familial love and affection. Unfortunately, when their parents are choosing to divorce, it can make visiting your grandkids difficult.

That’s especially true if the custodial parent isn’t your child. If you’re concerned about getting visitation rights to your grandchildren, contact the lawyers at Karp & Iancu, SC. You may need a Milwaukee grandparent’s rights lawyer to help.

Grandparents Have Some Rights

Unfortunately, many grandparents assume that they don’t have a right to their grandchildren at all if the custodial parent doesn’t want any contact with their former spouse, including their family. Because you’re not one of the parents, you might be concerned that you won’t have a right to see your grandchildren.

Fortunately, Wisconsin law does recognize that other family members, not just parents, may be part of a child’s development and growth. In some cases, a grandparent or other relative, like a stepparent or even a great-grandparent, may have a relationship with the child similar to a parental role.

Fortunately, that means you may have a right to visitation. Because you’re also an important part of the children’s lives, you may be able to fight for the time you deserve with them.

Fighting for Your Visitation Time

When the custodial parent doesn’t want to offer you visitation time, unfortunately, you might need to fight back. Because you’re a parental figure to the child, you may need to petition for your visitation rights with a Milwaukee attorney on your side.

First, if you’re the parent of the father, you may need to prove their paternity before you can proceed. If there’s doubt about paternity, it can affect your visitation rights.

Once that issue is settled, you’ll file your petition for visitation rights in court. If the custodial parent refuses to offer time with the child, you’ll attend a hearing for your right to time with your grandchildren. Your Wisconsin attorney can help you fight back and show that it’s in the child’s best interests to have that visitation time.

Reach Out for Help from a Milwaukee Family Attorney

When you’ve lost visiting time with your grandchildren, it can be disheartening. You’re not getting the time you deserve with your grandkids, taking away an important part of your life. Fortunately, you may have the opportunity to protect your rights to see your grandchildren.

If you’re worried about your rights as a grandparent being respected in Milwaukee, contact a lawyer from Karp & Iancu, SC. Your attorney can help you fight back when the child’s parents are seeking a divorce and you’re struggling to get time with your grandchildren. Get started today with a consultation, where you’ll have a chance to speak with an attorney about your case.

To begin, contact your Milwaukee grandparent’s rights lawyer today. Give our firm a call at 414-453-0800 or reach out by completing the online form below.

CONTACT US FOR A Free Consultation


or Call (414) 453-0800
Location &contact
MAIN OFFICE 933 N Mayfair Rd, Suite 300 MILWAUKEE, WI 53226
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY 500 West Silver Spring Dr, Suite K-200 GLENDALE, WI 53217
PHONE (414) 453-0800 FAX (414) 453-8282
Connect With Us
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon
  • Youtube Icon
  • linked-in Icon
Request a free consultation Request a free consultation


  • no pressure
  • no hidden fees
or Call (414) 453-0800