Start live chat with our team?
Call Now (414) 453-0800
David Iancu and his staff are top notch professionals. I would recommend David Iancu to anyone who is going through a divorce.
Harmony R.
David is a great listener and very sharp. Most of all, he knows the law and examines every opportunity to defend his client.
Talyia C.
I can't say enough about David's attentive demeanor through the highs and lows associated with complex divorce issues.
Laurence S.
contact us Free & Confidential Consultation
The results you need.

Establishing Paternity in Wisconsin

When fighting for your right to your children, there may be some question as to who the father of the children is. You might not have been married at the time of their birth, for example, or there may be other questions about the paternity of the child.

As such, establishing paternity in Wisconsin can help your case. If you’re struggling to prove you’re the father to your children, your lawyer at Karp & Iancu, SC can help. We understand the advantages of proving your paternity, so we’ll help you fight back when another person questions your rights as a father.

Uses for Proof of Paternity

Proving paternity can make a major difference in your case. Claiming you’re the father might not be so clear as claiming to be the mother, and so your right to your children may come into question. While that can be upsetting, it can also keep you from your children and take away your rights as a father.

For example, if you don’t prove your paternity, you may have no chance to seek custody of your children. If you can’t prove that you have a claim to your children, the Wisconsin judge will likely not allow you to take custody of the children. As such, it’s important to fight back and prove your paternity while you have a chance.

Establishing Paternity of Your Children

In some cases, establishing paternity isn’t difficult. If you were married when your children were born, your paternity is generally assumed. However, if there’s any question about your paternity, you may need to seek out more proof.

Typically, this is done through a paternity test. Genetic testing can help you prove that you are the father, even if the mother disagrees. If either party disagrees with the current paternity ruling, you’ll attend a court hearing about your case.

Once you’ve established that you’re the biological parent to your children, you’ll then be able to fight for your rights to your children. Your Wisconsin attorney can help you fight back and get the custody or visitation agreement you deserve.

Contact a Lawyer about Your Paternity Case

If you’re a father seeking time with his children in Wisconsin, you may run into paternity as an issue stopping you from getting the time you deserve with your kids. That’s why you’ll need to focus on establishing paternity in Wisconsin cases, but you may not be sure where to begin.

Fortunately, that’s where your Wisconsin paternity attorney can help you out. Your lawyer at Karp & Iancu, SC can make sure you get the right genetic testing to prove you’re the father of your children.

Concerned about proving your case? Reach out for help with your case from our attorneys. We can be reached by calling 414-453-0800 or by completing the following online form.

CONTACT US FOR A Free Consultation


or Call (414) 453-0800
Location &contact

Milwaukee/Tosa – 933 N Mayfair Rd, Suite 300, Milwaukee, WI 53226

(414) 928-2861

Fox Point (by Appt) – 8651 N. Port Washington Rd. Suite A, Fox Point, WI 53217

(414) 240-1835

Downtown Milwaukee (by Appt) – 1433 N Water St, Floor 4 – Suite 428, Milwaukee, WI 53202

(414) 485-0191

Menomonee Falls (by Appt) – 11414 W Park Pl – Suite 202, Milwaukee, WI 53224

(414) 310-7075

Brookfield (by appt) – 200 S. Executive Drive, Suite 101, Brookfield, WI 53005

(262) 244-5109

Waukesha (by appt) – N19 W24400 Riverwood Dr Suite 350, Waukesha, WI 53188

(262) 226-4323
PHONE (414) 453-0800 FAX (414) 453-8282
Connect With Us
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon
  • Youtube Icon
  • linked-in Icon
Request a free consultation Request a free consultation


  • no pressure
  • no hidden fees
or Call (414) 453-0800