Start live chat with our team?
Call Now (414) 453-0800
David Iancu and his staff are top notch professionals. I would recommend David Iancu to anyone who is going through a divorce.
Harmony R.
David is a great listener and very sharp. Most of all, he knows the law and examines every opportunity to defend his client.
Talyia C.
I can't say enough about David's attentive demeanor through the highs and lows associated with complex divorce issues.
Laurence S.
contact us Free & Confidential Consultation
The results you need.

Milwaukee Child Support Lawyer

Raising kids can be expensive, and your children will need support, financially and emotionally, during and after the divorce. A child support attorney in Milwaukee can help make sure you’re getting the payments you need for your children.

After a divorce, it’s not just the spouses who are affected by the process. Any children caught up in the middle of the divorce may also be affected by the proceedings. They may have to change schools, move, or otherwise alter their daily lives.

What doesn’t change, however, is the fact that your children need financial support to be cared for. Child support can help the custodial parent take care of the children and make sure they get the care they need. As such, it’s important to fight back if you believe your spouse will avoid paying child support or may not pay the full amount.

With a Milwaukee child support lawyer from Karp & Iancu, S.C. on your side, you’ll have a better chance to fight for the support you need. Your children should receive the full amount they need, so you and your lawyer will need to take action to ensure this.

Calculating Child Support

First, finding the worth of your child support in Milwaukee will be important. You’ll need to know what to expect for your child support so you can ensure your children will receive the financial support they need. Fortunately, calculating your child support in Wisconsin shouldn’t be complicated.

Your child support payments typically depend on how many children are involved. Child support payments are usually a percentage of your income, and that percentage is based on the number of children involved. In Wisconsin, it starts at 17 percent for one child, and it may be as high as 34 percent for five or more children.

For example, let’s say you and your spouse had two children together. You now have custody of those children, but as a single parent, you need support. As such, your former spouse would then pay 25 percent of their income in child support for their children. If they make $2,500 per month, then they would pay $625 per month in child support.

Enforcement of Child Support Payments

Unfortunately, you may have already had some trouble getting your child support payments. Your spouse may simply be refusing to pay the amount they’re responsible for paying. Fortunately, you have options to seek the payments you’re owed.

Typically, income withholding is the method many people use to get their child support paid. In this situation, the noncustodial parent will have a certain amount of their paycheck withheld by their employer. This money will then be sent to the family. That way, they don’t have to worry about withdrawing and sending the amount themselves.

However, some people may under-work or refuse to work at all to avoid paying for their child support. If they’re continuously refusing to work, the court may look at whether they’re able to work and what the circumstances of their employment are. From there, they may enforce your child support payments to help you get the payments you need for your children.

Your Child Support Order May Change

Keep in mind as well that a genuine change in circumstances can affect your child support order. For example, you may have been divorced for a few years, but now your former spouse has been injured in an accident. They’re no longer able to work, which means they’re no longer able to provide the same amount of child support they once did.

In these cases, they may discuss the issue with the judge, showing the court that their circumstances have changed, which means that their agreement needs to be altered. If the judge agrees, the agreement will then be modified for these changes.

Connect with a Child Support Lawyer in Milwaukee

It can be painful to part ways with your spouse, and your children will feel that change, too. It’s a difficult situation, but your children will need that financial support from the noncustodial parent. As such, you’ll need to fight back for them.

That’s why you’ll need a lawyer from Karp & Iancu, S.C. on your side. It can be difficult to be sure you’re getting the full support your children deserve, but a lawyer can help you fight for the amount you need. Starting with a consultation about your case, our attorneys will calculate the support you should receive, and they’ll help you fight for it.

When you’re ready to get your child support handled, reach out for help from a Milwaukee child support lawyer. A lawyer can be reached by calling 414-453-0800 or by filling out the following online form.

CONTACT US FOR A Free Consultation


or Call (414) 453-0800
Location &contact

Milwaukee/Tosa – 933 N Mayfair Rd, Suite 300, Milwaukee, WI 53226

(414) 928-2861

Glendale (by Appt) – 500 West Silver Spring Dr, Suite K-200, Glendale, WI 53217

(414) 240-1835

Downtown Milwaukee (by Appt) – 1433 N Water St, Floor 4 – Suite 400, Milwaukee, WI 53202

(414) 485-0191

Menomonee Falls (by Appt) – 11414 W Park Pl – Suite 202, Milwaukee, WI 53224

(414) 310-7075

Brookfield (by appt) – 200 S. Executive Drive, Suite 101, Brookfield, WI 53005

(262) 244-5109

Waukesha (by appt) – N19 W24400 Riverwood Dr Suite 350, Waukesha, WI 53188

(262) 226-4323
PHONE (414) 453-0800 FAX (414) 453-8282
Connect With Us
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon
  • Youtube Icon
  • linked-in Icon
Request a free consultation Request a free consultation


  • no pressure
  • no hidden fees
or Call (414) 453-0800