Home / Practice Overview / Milwaukee Family Law FAQs

Milwaukee Family Law FAQs

My spouse refuses to pay child support. What can I do?

If your spouse refuses to pay child support, contact us as soon as possible. Your spouse faces serious consequences like having his or her license suspended, bank accounts seized or being held in contempt of court.

Back to top

Our divorce is mutual. Should we really hire a lawyer?

Even if you and your spouse mutually want a divorce, it is in your best interests to hire a family law lawyer to help you draft an agreement.

Back to top

What is equitable distribution?

Like most states, Wisconsin follows an equitable distribution rule regarding the division of marital properties. This means that real property is split 50/50 between spouses.

Back to top

What are the grounds for divorce in Wisconsin?

In Wisconsin, the grounds for which you may file for a divorce are irretrievable breakdown of marriage.

Back to top


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form