Call Now (414) 453-0800
David Iancu and his staff are top notch professionals. I would recommend David Iancu to anyone who is going through a divorce.
Harmony R.
David is a great listener and very sharp. Most of all, he knows the law and examines every opportunity to defend his client.
Talyia C.
I can't say enough about David's attentive demeanor through the highs and lows associated with complex divorce issues.
Laurence S.
contact us Free & Confidential Consultation
The results you need.

Visitation Rights in Wisconsin

When one parent doesn’t have custody of the children, the other may still want their visitation rights respected. If you’re concerned about your chances to see your children, our attorneys can help you with your visitation agreement.

When you seek out a divorce, you might know that you can’t handle custody of your children alone. Having time with both parents can be vital to a child’s growth, reaching out to an attorney that is willing to help you protect your rights and has your child’s best interests in mind is vital. Our attorneys have offices in Milwaukee, Waukesha, and Ozaukee counties and can help you manage the visitation process.

Who Has Visitation Rights?

Generally, a parent does have the right to see their children and spend time with them. Our attorneys understand that you may want to maintain a relationship with them even if you don’t share a home. However, your rights to visitation may have some limits. Often times, the courts will need to decide whether your visitation would be in the best interests of the child. If the judge believes that the visitation will undermine the child’s relationship with their custodial parent, you may struggle to be allowed visitation.

As such, it’s important to have a lawyer on your side before you begin your fight for visitation rights. Several factors can affect your visitation rights so it’s best not to risk those rights. Instead, seek out an attorney who can help defend your rights.

Grandparents also have rights to see their grandchildren after a divorce. If you are a grandparent looking to understand your visitation rights, contact us today to learn more about what you can do to spend time with your grandchildren. 

What’s Next?

Getting a fair visitation agreement can be vital when you’re the noncustodial parent. You want time with your child, and that can be difficult when the other parent doesn’t agree. If you are a grandparent, your options for visitation aren’t as clearly laid out as if you were a legal parent.

Our attorneys at Karp & Iancu can help you untangle your visitation rights and what you can do to enforce those rights. You and your child may both need this time together, so we’ll help you fight back for that time.

1. How to set up a no-pressure, no cost attorney consultation

Reach out to us today by giving us a call or fill out the form at the bottom of this page to set up a free, one-hour consultation with one of our family law attorneys.

2. Learn more about our award-winning attorneys

When evaluating and deciding on the right family law attorney in the Greater Milwaukee Area, it’s important to find one who is transparent, compassionate, and knowledgeable; traits that all of our attorneys value.

CONTACT US FOR A Free Consultation


or Call (414) 453-0800
Location &contact

Milwaukee/Tosa – 933 N Mayfair Rd, Suite 300, Milwaukee, WI 53226

(414) 928-2861

Fox Point (by Appt) – 8651 N. Port Washington Rd. Suite A, Fox Point, WI 53217

(414) 240-1835

Downtown Milwaukee (by Appt) – 1433 N Water St, Floor 4 – Suite 428, Milwaukee, WI 53202

(414) 485-0191

Menomonee Falls (by Appt) – 11414 W Park Pl – Suite 202, Milwaukee, WI 53224

(414) 310-7075

Brookfield (by appt) – 200 S. Executive Drive, Suite 101, Brookfield, WI 53005

(262) 244-5109

Waukesha (by appt) – N19 W24400 Riverwood Dr Suite 350, Waukesha, WI 53188

(262) 226-4323
PHONE (414) 453-0800 FAX (414) 453-8282
Connect With Us
  • Facebook Icon
  • Youtube Icon
  • linked-in Icon
Request a free consultation Request a free consultation


  • no pressure
  • no hidden fees
or Call (414) 453-0800