Start live chat with our team?
Call Now (414) 453-0800
David Iancu and his staff are top notch professionals. I would recommend David Iancu to anyone who is going through a divorce.
Harmony R.
David is a great listener and very sharp. Most of all, he knows the law and examines every opportunity to defend his client.
Talyia C.
I can't say enough about David's attentive demeanor through the highs and lows associated with complex divorce issues.
Laurence S.
contact us Free & Confidential Consultation
The results you need.

Milwaukee Post-Divorce Modification Lawyer

Your divorce agreement should meet all your needs, but over time, your needs may change. A post-divorce modification may be necessary to maintain your quality of life and protect your children, so seek out a Milwaukee attorney for help.

When your divorce proceedings are finished, you likely feel a sense of relief that it’s all over. You’ve gotten the child custody and support agreement you deserve, and the alimony is set, too. You’re able to focus on other things now.

Unfortunately, the years after a divorce aren’t always so simple. You may have gone through major life changes since your divorce. Now, you need a Milwaukee post-divorce modification lawyer to help you update your final decisions.

At Karp & Iancu, SC, we understand that life changes, and you may be dealing with a different situation now. Contact us when you need legal help with your divorce proceedings.

Post-Divorce Circumstances Can Change

Following a divorce, you may find that your situation is drastically different from where you started. For example, you may not have custody, and now you suspect that your ex-spouse is putting your children in harmful or unhealthy situations. In other cases, you may have lost your job, making alimony payments difficult or impossible.

When this happens, you’ll be able to file and describe your change of circumstances. Wisconsin judges understand that life can change quickly, leading to changes in your paperwork.

Keep in mind, though, that some changes may require evidence of serious problems if closely following the divorce. Specifically, you may be seeking a custody change only two years after the divorce. In these cases, you’ll need to show that extreme or unusual circumstances are happening.

Wisconsin’s Divorce Modification Process

Once you’ve determined the problem and you’re ready to take your case to court, you’ll first need to gather evidence that you’re in need of a modification. For example, if you’re unable to pay alimony or child support, you may need proof that you lost your job or were demoted.

Once you’re ready, you’ll need to file a petition to have your agreement modified. You’ll present your evidence, and the court will make another decision on your case. From there, your agreement may be modified to fit your new circumstances.

Child support is an exception because you’ll be able to go through the child support agency instead. You’ll contact them, not the courthouse, and provide evidence that you need your support order changed. Once they review your child support modification request, they’ll decide whether to change your agreement not.

Contact a Milwaukee Lawyer for Help

When your divorce agreement is no longer sustainable, it can be tough to overcome your situation. Fortunately, you don’t have to deal with costly payments or difficult family situations alone. Instead, seek out a lawyer from Karp & Iancu, SC.

We understand that not every divorce decision meets your needs. That’s why we’ll consult with you before you file your petition, ensuring you have the solid case you need. When you’re ready to talk to your Milwaukee post-divorce modification lawyer, contact us by calling 414-453-0800 or by completing the online form below.

CONTACT US FOR A Free Consultation


or Call (414) 453-0800
Location &contact

Milwaukee/Tosa – 933 N Mayfair Rd, Suite 300, Milwaukee, WI 53226

(414) 928-2861

Fox Point (by Appt) – 8651 N. Port Washington Rd. Suite A, Fox Point, WI 53217

(414) 240-1835

Downtown Milwaukee (by Appt) – 1433 N Water St, Floor 4 – Suite 428, Milwaukee, WI 53202

(414) 485-0191

Menomonee Falls (by Appt) – 11414 W Park Pl – Suite 202, Milwaukee, WI 53224

(414) 310-7075

Brookfield (by appt) – 200 S. Executive Drive, Suite 101, Brookfield, WI 53005

(262) 244-5109

Waukesha (by appt) – N19 W24400 Riverwood Dr Suite 350, Waukesha, WI 53188

(262) 226-4323
PHONE (414) 453-0800 FAX (414) 453-8282
Connect With Us
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon
  • Youtube Icon
  • linked-in Icon
Request a free consultation Request a free consultation


  • no pressure
  • no hidden fees
or Call (414) 453-0800