We have over 30 years experience and provide trusted legal representation you can count on. With successful results in over 10,000 cases, our Brookfield family law attorney can review your situation and outline the options available. To request a consultation, contact our office today.
How Our Brookfield Family Law Attorney Helps You
The Waukesha County Family Court handles some of the most sensitive issues impacting residents of Brookfield. These often involve disputes concerning relationships and rights to property or assets. The outcome can impact you for years into the future. To protect yourself, reach out to our Brookfield family law attorney.
At Karp & Iancu, S.C., you can count on us to provide the caring support and professional legal service you need. We are dedicated to helping people in our community get the best possible outcome in family law matters:
Divorce in Wisconsin
A divorce has the potential to be devastating, both in regards to your relationships and your financial security. It is important to have an experienced Brookfield family law attorney on your side, making sure your best interests are protected. At Karp & Iancu, S.C., we provide trusted guidance and professional legal representation to clients in the following types of cases:
- Uncontested divorce, involving simplified cases;
- DIY divorce, which can help in cutting costs;
- Contested divorce, in which there are disputes over money and property or allegations of marital misconduct;
- Mediated divorce, in which an impartial third party helps you reach a settlement;
- Collaborative divorce, in which mutual agreements help protect your privacy by keeping your divorce case out of court;
- Military divorce, which requires specialized knowledge of federal laws and military procedures to ensure the best possible outcome in the case.
If you are going through the breakup of a marriage, check out our guide on filing for divorce in Wisconsin. It explains more about the process.
Matters Concerning Money, Property, and Assets
Disputes in family law matters often pertain to rights concerning money, property, and assets. These often arise in divorce and need to be immediately addressed. As an experienced Brookfield family law attorney, you can trust us to efficiently and effectively resolve important financial issues, which include:
- Marital property division in divorce: In divorce cases, everything accumulated, acquired, or earned must be divided evenly between the parties. This includes homes, cars, furniture, personal belongings, businesses, and money in financial accounts.
- Division of marital debts: You and your spouse may have incurred significant amounts of debt during your marriage. This need to be addressed prior to having your divorce finalized;
- Rights regarding pension and retirement benefits: Your future financial security may have been closely tied to that of your spouse. Our Brookfield family law attorney helps you get your fair share in any pension or retirement benefits.
- Spousal maintenance and alimony: If you make less than your spouse, spousal support and alimony payments during divorce and in the aftermath can help you make a fresh start while maintaining your standard of living.
Parental Rights and Responsibilities
Matters pertaining to children are among the most contested family law issues. At Karp & Iancu, S.C., our Brookfield family law attorney is dedicated to protecting your rights and your child’s best interests. We can advise you on how the Wisconsin Statutes apply in various cases, including:
- Child custody: In the Badger State, the term ‘custody’ refers to the right to make legal decisions on your child’s behalf, such as regarding their medical care, education, and religious upbringing.
- Visitation: We can guide you in creating parenting agreements, designating the amount of time children spend in each parent’s home and rights regarding weekends, holidays, school breaks, and other special occasions.
- Paternity: If you are unmarried, it is important to establish paternity. It helps in establishing a relationship, ensures access to medical records, and can make your child eligible for health care, Social Security, or other types of benefits.
- Child support and enforcement: Parents have a legal duty and moral obligation to provide for their children. Our Brookfield family law attorney fights to get you the maximum amount you are entitled to and helps ensure it gets paid.
Other Legal Issues Pertaining To Families
Our Brookfield family law attorney provides trusted guidance on other legal issues pertaining to families, including pre and post-marital agreements, legal separation, custody relocation, and name changes.
Professional Legal Help Fighting For You
When dealing with sensitive family law matters, you need someone to provide professional legal service and the caring support you deserve. At Karp & Iancu, S.C., we keep you informed while taking the necessary legal actions. Ways in which our Brookfield family law attorney can help include:
- Conducting a confidential consultation to discuss your situation;
- Advising you on how the Wisconsin Statutes apply in your case;
- Detailing legal options available and potential ramifications;
- Communicating with other parties involved;
- Negotiating settlements, when possible, that are in your best interests;
- Taking legal actions as needed, such as responding to summons and filing the appropriate documents with the court;
- Gathering evidence in your case and appearing by your side at court hearings;
- Making strong, effective legal arguments before the judge in your case;
- Reviewing prior orders and requesting modifications or filing appeals as needed;
- Making sure orders are enforced and others involved comply with the terms of settlements