Start live chat with our team?
Call Now (414) 453-0800
David Iancu and his staff are top notch professionals. I would recommend David Iancu to anyone who is going through a divorce.
Harmony R.
David is a great listener and very sharp. Most of all, he knows the law and examines every opportunity to defend his client.
Talyia C.
I can't say enough about David's attentive demeanor through the highs and lows associated with complex divorce issues.
Laurence S.
contact us Free & Confidential Consultation
The results you need.

West Allis Child Support Lawyer

If you’re seeking child support after a divorce, you may need a West Allis attorney on your side. The right lawyer can help you seek the full support you need for your childcare.

When you’ve just gone through a divorce in West Allis, money might be tight. That’s likely especially true if you’re a homemaker or if you made significantly less than your spouse. That makes taking care of your child much harder, since you’re suddenly relying only on your own income for your needs. 

That’s why it’s important to talk to a West Allis child support lawyer as soon as possible. The lawyers at Karp & Iancu, S.C. may be able to guide you through your case and help you get the child support agreement you need. 

How Child Support Is Determined

When you’re seeking child support in West Allis, it’s important to know what to expect. Typically, child support will be based on a few factors, such as whether you have custody and how much your former spouse earns. These factors will be included in the Wisconsin child support calculations, so it’s important to go over all the details of your case with your attorney. 

While there are estimation tools online, these tools should be used with a grain of salt for better understanding your child support and what you should be receiving. Your West Allis lawyer can go over the details of your unique case and help you find the exact amount you should be seeking. 

Enforcing a Child Support Order in West Allis

Unfortunately, your former spouse might not always be willing to pay child support. In some cases, they may simply refuse to cooperate. While that can make you feel hopeless, you do have a chance to seek out an enforcement for your child support. 

If your spouse is refusing to pay child support, you’ll need to notify your West Allis attorney right away. They can help you prepare your case with the right authorities, who can push your former spouse to pay. They may do this by suspending drivers and recreational licenses, taking them to court, or even garnishing their wages. 

This means you have options to get the funds you need for supporting your kids. It can be expensive to raise children, so unless our former spouse files a petition to adjust the child support agreement, you may have options to enforce it. 

Seek Child Support with a West Allis Attorney

When you’re suddenly a single parent, getting the financial support your child needs to thrive can be tough. Children can be expensive, between education, food, clothing, healthcare, and extracurricular activities. You might need the extra financial support, but your spouse might not want to cooperate. 

If you’re not sure what you should be receiving in child support, or if your former spouse is refusing to help support your children, your lawyer from Karp & Iancu, S.C. can help. We understand that not every parent is willing to help their children thrive, and we’re determined to help you and your children when the other parent refuses to pay. 

If you’re struggling with a child support issue, your West Allis child support lawyer can give you the help you need during your case. To begin, give us a call at 414-453-0800 or fill out the online form below. 

CONTACT US FOR A Free Consultation


or Call (414) 453-0800
Location &contact
MAIN OFFICE 933 N Mayfair Rd, Suite 300 MILWAUKEE, WI 53226
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY 500 West Silver Spring Dr, Suite K-200 GLENDALE, WI 53217
PHONE (414) 453-0800 FAX (414) 453-8282
Connect With Us
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon
  • Youtube Icon
  • linked-in Icon
Request a free consultation Request a free consultation


  • no pressure
  • no hidden fees
or Call (414) 453-0800