Start live chat with our team?
Call Now (414) 453-0800
David Iancu and his staff are top notch professionals. I would recommend David Iancu to anyone who is going through a divorce.
Harmony R.
David is a great listener and very sharp. Most of all, he knows the law and examines every opportunity to defend his client.
Talyia C.
I can't say enough about David's attentive demeanor through the highs and lows associated with complex divorce issues.
Laurence S.
contact us Free & Confidential Consultation
The results you need.

Waukesha Family Law Attorney

A family law dispute could lead to weeks or months trying to settle your case. Fortunately, a Waukesha attorney can streamline the process, helping you and your family recover from the process and move on with your lives.

If you’re struggling with a case related to a divorce or other legal matter in your family, it can be tough to get answers and get the help you need. You may be seeking custody or visitation rights, but you may not be sure where to begin in fighting back for your family.

Fortunately, the lawyers at Karp & Iancu, S.C. can help. A Waukesha family law attorney can help you settle your case through mediation or litigation, so you’ll have options for handling your family situation.

Deciding Custody

When you’re dealing with a divorce, you may be seeking custody for your children. Unfortunately, you may be fighting over this with your former spouse, which makes it more difficult to seek joint or sole custody.

First, you’ll need to determine what type of custody you’re seeking. For example, if you and your ex-spouse are on good terms, you may want to make an agreement to share custody. Joint custody splits the time your children will spend with each of you. In other situations, you may seek to have total custody of the children, meaning your spouse will not have regular custody.

Typically, custody is decided by what’s best for the child. For example, if your former spouse has domestic abuse charges on their record, the judge may be more likely to give you custody, since a possibly abusive household is dangerous for a child.

Visitation Rights for Waukesha Family Members

If you don’t have custody of the children, or if you’re a party not eligible for custody, you may be concerned about visitation rights for seeing them. Wisconsin law recognizes how important a connection to other family members can be, so you may have a chance to fight back for some visitation rights.

For example, you may not have been granted custody rights as a parent. However, that may not mean you don’t have a right to see your child and spend time with them. In other cases, you may be a grandparent whose child did not receive custody of your grandchildren.

If you don’t have visitation rights currently, speak to your Waukesha lawyer about filing a petition for visitation rights. Your presence is important to the child, and your rights are protected by law. If you believe you’re not getting the full rights you deserve, seek out help for your case.

Get Answers with a Family Lawyer in Waukesha

Dealing with a family law situation is tough because a legal tangle with family members can be painful. You’re not only dealing with the laws around your case but also the emotional toll of the situation. Fortunately, you don’t have to fight back alone.

At Karp & Iancu, S.C., we understand the difficulties you may be facing because of a legal battle related to your family. That’s why we’re here to help. If you’re struggling with your case, reach out for the guidance you need for a successful case.

Struggling with your family situation in Waukesha? Reach out for help. Give a Waukesha family law attorney a try by calling 414-453-0800 or by completing the online form below.

CONTACT US FOR A Free Consultation


or Call (414) 453-0800
Location &contact
MAIN OFFICE 933 N Mayfair Rd, Suite 300 MILWAUKEE, WI 53226
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY 500 West Silver Spring Dr, Suite K-200 GLENDALE, WI 53217
PHONE (414) 453-0800 FAX (414) 453-8282
Connect With Us
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon
  • Youtube Icon
  • linked-in Icon
Request a free consultation Request a free consultation


  • no pressure
  • no hidden fees
or Call (414) 453-0800